Alright, babies. I’ve never heard of this anime before today, and judging by the trailer’s views, neither have a lot of anime lovers. Reasons why everyone should watch it right now:
- The main protagonists are a fine as hell lady of color and her mixed daughter
- The main antagonist is a super fabulous woman of color, in an actual position of power, who rocks natural hair like a boss
- Michiko, the main character, is canonically bi and not a single fuck is given
- The art is fucking perfect
- There is an actual coherent and complex plot
- All the main characters have a billion different costumes and they are all super cosplay worthy
- There are two full seasons, both of which are already out~
The show is called Michiko & Hatchin and the first episode of the English Dub can be found in full right HERE.
I should probably scan these heheh. I don’t draw enough fan art.
Last night I was watching Himitsu no Akko-chan— more specifically, the remake from the late 80s. Its ending credits sequence sent me for quite the loop, and I showed it to shuryorin so she would share my surprise.
I’m a longtime magical girl fan, but I’m new to pre-Sailor Moon majokkos, so I really did NOT expect the credits to have not one but three shots of Akko using a gun. Or Star Wars, Rambo, and Back to the Future references, either.
One of my all-time favorite ending theme animations! You can watch it here, the Jaws part at the beginning always makes me chuckle.